Wednesday 28 May 2014

Some of My Favourite Books

Hey Lovelies, hope your all having a nice day, if you didn't know I'm an avid book reader and I've never shared with you my favourite books so I thought I would do a blog post on it, so you know some of my favourites.
 I'm using images of the Internet as most of my books are on my kindle.

First up is The Fault In Our Stars, this is an incredible book and I have read it a few times, it's an emotional story but it is amazing and it's one of the best books I've read. The Fault In Our Stars is about a 16 year old called Hazel and she has cancer but the main focus of the story isn't her cancer it's her relationship with Augustus and her parents. She starts going to a support group and meets Augustus and they become friends and she tries to keep him at bay because she doesn't want him to get hurt. It's a beautiful love story that isn't cheesy and cliche which I really like. I don't want to go into too much detail and spoil it for anyone, so if you haven't read it you should go read it, you will not be disappointed it's an amazing book that you will love.


Divergent is another favourite of mine, Divergent is is a dystopian novel it revolves around Tris. At 16 years old you have to take an aptitude test and it will determine which faction you will be in. There are 5 factions, Abnegation which is selfless, Amity which is peacefulness, Erudite which is intelligence, Candor which is honest and Dauntless which is bravery. The aptitude test reveals she is divergent which means she doesn't fit into just one faction. Tris has been in Abnegation but she doesn't see herself as selflessness enough and so she chooses Dauntless. In the book you see Tris's journey and she is strong and stubborn character. It's an action packed story but isn't all action it has romance and Tris finding herself as a person. It is part of a trilogy and the other books are Insurgent and Allegiant there also great books and you should go read them all.
Another favourite is The Mortal Instruments series. City of Bones is the first book and it is about Clary Fray, she goes to a club with her friend Simon and she witnesses someone getting stabbed but no one else can see except her. She then goes out with her friend Simon later on and see's Jace one of the people from the club that stabbed someone. She finds out that Jace is a shadowhunter and that what he killed was a demon. Her mother rings her and tells her not to come home and that she's been found and the phone cuts off, Clary goes home to find the house destroyed and her mother missing and a demon tries to attack her. Clary later on finds out she is a shadowhunter and so was her mother and that her father Valentine is after the mortal cup that her mother has hidden. This a great series and you should go read them, I am just about to read the last book that came out recently, so I'm excited to see what happens next.
The last book I'm going to talk about is The Girl in the Box series. If you have a kindle you get the first 3 books for free, so it's a bonus. The first book in the series is Alone, it's a story of Sienna Nealon she's 17 years old and has been kept in the house for most of her life by her mother. One day he mother vanishes and Sienna doesn't know where she's gone and two men come into her house and she fights them off and later on Wolfe who is a vicious monster trys to attack her to bring her with him. The people she fights off in her house, come to her rescue and she is taken to a place called the Directorate and she finds out she is a meta human with powers. It's a great series so you should go read it, there is 10 books in total, I've read 9 of them and I'm waiting for the release of the 10th to read. 

What are your favourite books? I'm always on the look out for new books.

If you liked this post, let me know and I will do more in the future.

Ashleigh xx

20 comments:

  1. The Fault in our stars is definitely my favourite book! I really want to read divergent too! Xx

    www.beautiegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's mine it's amazing and you should it's a great book :) xx

      Delete
  2. I can read The Fault In Our Stars so many times and not get bored, it's such an amazing book x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound good! Have you read Uglies, Pretties & Specials thy are 3 different books about the same girl I think they are like teenagers book but I LOVED them. x

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there all great books and no I haven't but I will look into them :) x

      Delete
  4. I've read the first three - Divergent and TFIOS being two of my favourite ever books, so I'm definitely going to check out the fourth one, thanks for the tip! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there my favourite books ever too and no problem :) x

      Delete
  5. I love the Divergent Veronica Roth series, they are amazing. Pretty impressed with the film too :) Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too and the film was great, I can't wait for the release of the next film and the book by four :) xx

      Delete
  6. I'm currently reading The Book Thief but Fault In Our Stars and Divergent are both on my list!

    Cat | LilacGhosts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it good The Book Thief and there amazing books, you will love :) x

      Delete
  7. I have read the fault in our stars far too much haha, its the first book i read in ages its amazing :D

    Lucy :)
    www.thenortherngirl94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of them books you can read over and over again and it will never get old :) x

      Delete
  8. I have read the fault in our stars and loved it! I have alone on kindle too but haven't read it yet.
    I've just started reading the time travellers wife which is a really good book and I would definitely recommend.

    ems-22.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone loves the fault in our stars it is an amazing book, when you get the chance you should read it it's good and I've not read it but I watched the film and thought it was good :) x

      Delete
  9. I'm reading the fault in our stars just now, really enjoying it
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its an amazing book you will love it :) x

      Delete
  10. I'm looking forward to reading more now I have finished uni, so I'll check some of these out :) my sister is obsessed with Divergent so that's next on my list!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love reading when I have free time and good, I think a lot of people are obsessed with the books they are great :) x

      Delete