Wednesday 13 November 2013

Guest Post on Top 5 Red Lipsticks

Hey Lovelies, hope your all having a good day the lovely Heather from Beauty Journal has written a guest blog post for me, she's so lovely and has a great blog so you should go check it out.

Hello my lovelies, it's Heather from Beauty Journal here and today i'm writing up a blog post regarding my favourite red/orange toned lipsticks. The festive season is quickly approaching and the one thing which is always a party essential is a red lipstick and so I have tested my collection to bring to you, my top 5. I'm a huge fan of red lipstick all year round so i'm especially fond of the party season because I finally have the perfect excuse to wear a red lip. 



The first lipstick that made it into my top 5 is the Urban Decay lipstick in 'Bang'; this is the perfect shade if you're looking for a true red, matte lipstick that doesn't dry your lips out. It's super long lasting and looks beautiful on all skin tones, including my ghostly white skin. My next favourite is more of an orange toned lipstick by Revlon; I'm a huge fan of this lipstick in the shade 'Kiss Me Coral' as its the perfect balance between red and orange, it looks beautiful on paler skin tones especially. Although it doesn't have the lasting power of the Urban Decay lipstick previously mentioned, it does last a good few hours (depending on how much you're eating and drinking). I then wanted to throw in a more 'vampy' red shade and so the cult favourite for a lot of people '107' by Rimmel (the Kate Moss line) made it into the pick; I absolutely love this shade as I feel it's extremely flattering and isn't too dark that it washes me out; it's an elegant shade which can be worn with a little mascara or a full on "out-there", smokey eye look. 



I understand not everyone is confident enough to brave the bright red lipsick, and so I decided that the Revlon Lip Butter in 'Candy Apple' would be a perfect sheered out red lipstick to include. As with all the lip butters, 'Candy Apple' offers subtle colour whilst hydrating your lips (a total win-win situation in my book). The colour pay of is definitely buildable, obviously the more you apply the more pigmented it becomes. On the complete opposite end of the stick is the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 'Big Bang' which is, in my opinion, the perfect party shade. Its super glossy (but not sticky) and has great pigmentation, and is the definition of 'true red'. I've found the lasting power to be amazing, as it lasts on the lips for approximately 6 hours (for me anyway). 



I hope you've found this blogpost helpful and perhaps found yourself inspired to go try a new red lipstick. If you want to see more from me then head on over to my blog and give me a cheeky follow while your over there! 







What's your favourite red lipstick?





 Bye, guys!

 Heather xo







blog: http://b3autyjournal.blogspot.co.uk | twitter: @he4thermcknight | instagram: @chinesewhisper

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love everything about the Urban Decay lipsticks; formulation, colour range, texture. literally perfection in a lipstick


      Heather xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I promise you, they are as amazing as they look...


      Heather xo

      Delete
  3. I think I will try the Revlon lip butter! Thanks for sharing! Great blog. Kendra
    http://fashiononthetrend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete