Monday 6 May 2013

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower Book Review

Hey Lovelies, I've never done a book review on my blog before but I love reading and thought it would be something different and that it might interest some of you.

I got this a book a couple of months ago, I'd seen the film and thought it was amazing so I wanted to get the book to read.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is by Stephen Chbosky and is £7.99.

"Charlie is a freshman. And while he's not the biggest geek in the school, he is by no means popular. Shy, introspective, intelligent beyond his yet socially awkward, he is a wallflower, caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it.

Charlie is attempting to navigate his way through uncharted territory: the world of first dates and mix tapes, family dramas and new friends; the world of sex, drugs and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, when all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite. But he can't stay on the sideline forever. Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a deeply affecting coming-of-age story that will spirit you back to those wild and poignant roller-coaster days known as growing up."

This is from the back of the book and it sums it up well.

I think the book is a relatable story for everyone for when your growing up and the ups and the downs you face, making new friend's, going out on dates, family drama, falling out with friends, finding who you are as a person, being different but accepted for who you are, expressing yourself and first experiences.

I relate to it a lot, when I was in high school I was really shy and didn't like talking to new people or teachers unless I had to, I wasn't the smartest of people I was just average and that's what most people saw me as average. I made new friends and only near the end of school was I accepted for who I was. Like most people, high school was where I had my first experiences.

In the book your getting to experience Charlie's journey of what happens to him in a short amount of time.

It's a different kind of book, Charlie is sending letters to someone and that's how the book is set out.

I think everyone has them days where they don't know who to turn to talk about things and like it says in the book when Charlie is sending the letters to someone, you won't be judged when your confiding in someone who doesn't know you.

I think this book is more for teenagers than anyone else but I think it's a great book so anyone should read it.

I really loved this book and highly recommend going and buying it and reading it.

Have any of you read the book, what do you think to it?

Hope you enjoyed this type of post, leave me a comment if you would like me to do more book reviews in the future, I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea but if you like these sort of posts I will carry on doing them.

On a quick note, I'm sure you will have all heard it's the Cosmo Blog Awards 2013 and if you enjoy reading my blog I would really appreciate you voting for me for the Best New Beauty Blog. Thank you.

Ashleigh xx

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant review. Ive wanted to read this book for ages! It looks so relatable.

    I would love to see more book reviews

    http://beautysupergirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should buy it and it is, I will do more then x

      Delete
  2. this is one of my favourite books, and the film really did it justice. i love patrick's character, and i want to be friends with sam! :) xxx

    www.fashionfumblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too and yeah it did, me too I love them characters would love to be friends with them all :) xx

      Delete
  3. I have heard so much about this book - think it is definitely on my list. great review hun xxx Laura A Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it and thank you :) xxx

      Delete