Tuesday 23 June 2015

What I Would Tell My Younger Self

Hey Lovelies, sorry for the lack of posts again I'll try to get back track on with my blogging. Today I thought I would do a bit of a personal type of post of what I would tell my younger self.
Cue the old embarrassing pictures of myself. I don't think I look too different to now actually but anyway onto the post.
  • The main point I would say to my younger self is not to change myself for anyone, when I was in school I wanted to fit and tried to change to fit in with others and all you ever need to be is yourself so people can like you for you.
  • Not to care of what others think about me, not everyone will like you and when I was younger I wanted to please everyone and make them like me. The truth is not everyone will like you and the people that do like you are all that matters.
  • I should have stood up for myself, when I was younger I let people walk all over me and when I got bullied I just let them do it and never said anything. I would say that you shouldn't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself and stand up for yourself, you are a strong person and don't deserve to be treated badly.
  • I'm still insecure and self conscious but not as bad as I was when I was younger, when I was younger I was so shy, unconfident and self conscious and didn't think very highly of myself. All I would say is that you can be confident and you will gain it and you just have to trust and believe in yourself.
  • Don't be scared to take chances and do things you wouldn't usually do, as I've got older I've done things I wouldn't have usually done and they have been such good experiences. When I was younger I didn't take chances and I should have done it more.
  • Not everything will turn out the way you want but everything happens for a reason and there is always the good in situations. Don't worry if something turns out unexpected just go with it.
  • We all make mistakes and have regrets but it is okay, we can't all be perfect and you will learn from them, so don't feel bad for what you've done or let others make you feel bad about it.
  • You don't need to have a boyfriend like everyone else, when I was younger most of the time I was single and I thought I needed to have a boyfriend too and you don't need to have a boyfriend just because everyone else has. You just need yourself and friends and when the time comes you will meet the right person that will be your boyfriend.
  • Always try your best that is all you can do, your not always going to be good at everything but just try your best and that will be good enough.
  • Don't be afraid to voice your opinion and say what you think, when I was younger I was so shy and hardly spoke because I thought what I had to say didn't matter and people wouldn't care. Just say what you want to say and people that care about you will listen.
  • Lastly just be happy and do what you want to do and not what everyone else is doing.
 What advice would you give to your younger self?

No comments:

Post a Comment