Thursday 12 May 2016

My Tinder Story

Hey Lovelies, hope your all having a good day, today I've got a post on my experience with Tinder.

(Image Source)

I was on tinder for a good 7 months I think, a couple months after a rubbish relationship, my friend suggested going on tinder she had met her boyfriend on it and they were really happy. I was a bit cautious with it at first because I knew it was where a lot of people just met up for sex and that wasn't my kind of thing and I'm not that type of person, not that there is anything wrong if you do.

I'm sure most of you know what tinder is but if you don't, tinder connects with your Facebook, you pick which pictures you would like to use on your profile and it has your first name and age, you then can write something about yourself. It then shows people from the designated area/miles you have put and you either swipe right or left, if you both swipe right you become a match and you can start talking.

The type of people you are going to meet on there, are the guys that are on there just for sex, they will try asking to meet up and if you don't agree they will just unmatch from you or as soon someone put anything sexual I unmatched I wasn't interested. Most guys from my experience are only on there for sex not anything else.

I had a guy that kept sending chat up lines to me and if you know me I find them really cheesy and don't want to be sent them. I also had some guy that was using a celebrities picture and it was just so obvious and when I said something he was like no this is really me, I don't think he would have fooled anyone.

You get some strange guys that ask really weird questions and want to know really personal information. People that I've only just met online I was never going to divulge my life story if I don't know them.

A lot of the same experience happened with me where we would talk for quite a while and then it kinda just went quiet an we weren't talking anymore. This was always the worse for me because I then thought that there was something wrong with me and I was too boring because now they weren't talking to me. Just don't take it personally and start talking to other people that are genuinely interested in what you have to say.

In honesty you will find some really genuine and nice guys, you just have to have patience and keep looking to find them. I found a really nice and genuine guy on tinder and he's my boyfriend and we've been together as a couple nearly a year now and we have so many amazing memories together and he makes me so happy even when he likes to annoy the shit out of me. If it wasn't for tinder I would have never met him and I'm so glad I did, I honestly don't know what I would do without him, he's my rock and has been with me through so much and accepts me for me. 

What are your experiences with Tinder? I would love to read your stories.

2 comments:

  1. My experiences with tinder mostly consists of really awful chat up lines that I get sent haha! Although I have to admit, some of them are quite original and hilarious x

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah some are funny and I always think I don't know how that would pick someone up x

      Delete