Wednesday 29 October 2014

Makeup Revolution Review

Hey Lovelies, hope your all having a good week so far, today I'm reviewing some of the Makeup Revolution products I bought a while ago, I always like to give products a good try before reviewing them so here's my thoughts on them.
I've heard so many good things about Makeup Revolution and seen raving reviews, so I wanted to try their products for while and I finally got around to trying them and I love them. I bought the Iconic 3 Eyeshadow Palette, Sugar Blush and Rebel With A Cause Lipstick.

I wanted the Iconic 3 palette for ages, I knew it was a dupe for the Naked 3 and I didn't want to fork out so much money on the Naked palette, so I wanted this palette. This palette is absolutely gorgeous, it has shimmery/metallic shades and matte shades I always like using a variety of finishes. The palette has a variety of pinky, purple, golden, brown shades, I don't own many pinky eyeshadows and so it's a good palette if you want to expand your collection of colours. The colours are all really pigmented and last really well, you can't really see the first shade on my hand but it does show up on my eye. You can create both daytime and nighttime looks, something that is natural or smokey which I always love in a palette. For £4 you really can't go wrong with this palette.

The blush in Sugar, is a pinky corally shade I would say it's more of a Summer blush but you can still wear it in Autumn it's a versatile shade. It's has gold flecks in the blush but it's really unnoticeable and looks more matte on the cheeks, it's really pigmented and just one tap on the brush gives you a lot of product, that lasts well. It's only a £1 which is so inexpensive.

Lastly is the lipstick in Rebel With A Cause, I wanted a darker shade for Autumn/Winter and just picked this one up and it is a dupe for a MAC lipstick, which I will be sharing with you soon. It's a stunning purple berry shade that is matte but so moisturising on the lips which I love. It's really pigmented and lasts for a good few hours on the lips. It's also £1 so super inexpensive.

The packaging on all these products are minimal but sleek which I really like and so far it's quite sturdy, sometimes with this type of packaging I find it breaks easily but this hasn't.

Overall I am in love with all these products they are inexpensive but such good quality, that is really pigmented and is long wearing.

What are your favourite products from Makeup Revolution?

14 comments:

  1. The Iconic 3 palette looks beautiful, I think I'm going to have to get my hands on that at some point! :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the Iconic 3 is amazing! I'm super impressed!
    I'll definitely have to try the other bits next time I pop by Superdrug!
    <3 Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am and I love it, I'm going to try more too :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've never bought anything from Makeup Revolution, but I've been dying to get my hands on a few bits and pieces for a while! The palettes really intrigue me, and I think I'm going to have to pop to Superdrug very very soon!

    Amy
    www.floraandflynn.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should, they are amazing there products x

      Delete
  4. I've been loving the Iconic 3 pallete too, it has such good colours for all day and night. I sill haven't tried their lipsticks though, there's never any left in my local stores :( x

    tmzn loves / beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too and it does, try other stores or online they are great x

      Delete
  5. a £4 palette is absolutely incredible- seriously have to get this! The vamp shades are stunning too I bought the 3 for 2 set, such a bargain xxx


    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and you should, they are I want more, yeah there already a bargain xx

      Delete
  6. I have the Rebel With A Cause lipstick and I love the colour, it's perfect for winter x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete